UMIs 2nd Generation F-body a-arm kit is designed to make your classic cruiser feel like modern muscle. Increased positive caster combined with improved camber curve and low friction Delrin bushings make for a well-tuned front end. Increased caster is achieved relocating both the upper and lower ball joints to enhance steering feel and improve high speed stability. As designed, the caster range is 5-7 degrees. The spindle pin location remains unchanged so fender clearance is like stock. The upper a-arms include offset chromoly cross shafts to reduce the amount of shims required when setting camber as well as a tall ball joint to improve camber gain. Upper and lower a-arms are assembled with UMI built Delrin bushings to allow proper suspension movement. A pancake style polyurethane bump stop is included to control suspension droop. The heavy duty lower spring bucket accepts factory and aftermarket coil springs as well as the popular hybrid coilover units. Laser cut UMI reinforcement plates add a great appearance and excellent strength. UMIs double shear sway bar end links are included and work nicely with UMI P/N 4035 sway bar and also most aftermarket stock eyelet type sway bars. Available in UMI red or gloss black powder coat. 100% designed, manufactured and raced with pride in Philipsburg, PA - USA.
- Performance a-arm kit is a direct bolt-in for 1970-1981 GM F-body.
- Chromoly offset cross shaft upper to reduce number of shims required during alignment.
- 5-7 degrees of total positive caster. 0 to 2-1/2 degrees of negative camber.
- Upper ball joint moved rearward to add 3-4 degrees caster potential.
- Lower ball joint relocated forward to increase caster 2 degrees which improves steering feel and straight line stability.
- Upper and lower a-arms built from USA Made DOM steel tubing.
- UMI built Delrin bushings for crisp steering response.
- taller upper ball joint to improve camber gain and traction during cornering.
- Heavy duty spring bucket accepts factory and aftermarket coil springs.
- Spring bucket is compatible with popular hybrid coils such as Viking and QA1.
- UMI built Delrin bushings improve steering response and reduce deflection.
- Double shear swivel sway bar mounts and hardware work with UMI P/N 4035 and most other factory eyelet style sway bars.
- Made in the USA.