Champion Ported Iron NEW Buick V6 Stage 1 Jr. Heads
8445 casting numbers.
These were nick named years ago when found, stage 1 Jr. Heads.
What makes these so special is a NEW GM head castings without EGR or Heat cross overs.
We sold a lot of these over the years. We have a very limited amount left. We sent these down to Champion Racing to get fully ported.
They are set up for Standard or Roller options.
These heads have no EGR's drilled & no heat cross overs. The heads were found at an oil testing facility with documented 3 minutes run time.
They were ran then removed. The wear on the soft cam was tested at different RPM’s.
What you are getting is a NEW GM HEAD.
Completely ported and polished by Champion Racing Heads.
The nice part is these are not aluminum filled with a dis similar metal by Champion, as they were never cast like the OEM heads. This should give more strength to the casting.
They come complete.
Champion CNC series the most complete, consistent, and accurately machined Buick Iron Heads on the market today!
The castings then begin the porting process on a CNC machining center. All operations performed on the CNC are completed in one setup eliminating the possible inaccuracy's that result from moving parts from one machine to another
Special Machining Features Include:
- CNC machined 46cc combustion chambers are the same shape and volume on every head.
- Intake and exhaust port openings and bowls are consistently machined as a guide to the final professional hand polishing for maximum flow and power.
- Precision milled finish on intake, exhaust, and valve cover gasket surfaces.
- Machined clearance on rocker pedestals to clear aftermarket T&D shaft rocker assemblies
- Precision milled deck surface for proper head gasket seal and to adjust combustion chamber volume
- Valve Guides upgraded with K-line bronze liners precision honed to the correct valve stem to guide clearance.
- Guides machined to accept Teflon valve stem seals.
- Valve Seats contour machined on a Newen II CNC valve seat machining center
- Multi angle valve seats with superior geometry, concentricity, and surface finish.
- Consistent depth and profile of valve seats not possible on manual machines.
- Manley one-piece severe duty intake and exhaust valves.
- New valve springs
- Chrome Moly spring retainers.
- Hardened valve locks.
- New freeze plugs
- Standard Spring
- Hydraulic roller springs available upon request.
- Final assembly is performed by qualified technicians with special attention to detail. All valve springs are set up for a hydraulic cam with a maximum lift of .500". Valve Springs are installed at a height of 1.75" yielding a closed pressure of 100 lbs.
What are the keys to unsurpassed performance?
- 30 years’ experience working with Buick V-6 Turbo Heads
- A total commitment to a quality product
- Extensive ongoing research and development to stay on the cutting edge of cylinder head technology
- Constant review of the machining process to stay current with the latest innovative techniques.
The choice is simple. If your looking for the finest quality ported iron head available today the Champion CNC Series is the clear winner. Let Champion Racing Heads bring you to a new level of quality and performance.
Very limited supply. Price is per set.
||Regal, Grand National
||1978 - 1987
|Add Roller Rockers: